Blue Reef Agri-Marketing was founded with a passion for agriculture and a genuine goal of making a difference. With an industry focused on general risk management recommendations rather than strictly focused on the producer themselves, Blue Reef Agri-Marketing makes that personal, one-on-one connection with producers, focusing on each operation’s specific risk management needs. As markets change, plans change - and change can be difficult for producers. Our team is dedicated to researching the market specific to your needs and adapting your marketing plan as needed.
We strive to build our team around a diverse skill-set. This way, each and every member of our team has something special to offer to your operation. We take a deep understanding of both technical and fundamental market factors and combine those factors to create your custom-tailored marketing plan. Blue Reef Agri-Marketing currently utilizes consulting vets, nutritionist and other professionals to assist in managing the feed yard.
Blue Reef Agri-Marketing offers hands-on advice to help producers thrive in today’s competitive business environment. We know this business and we strive to understand the specific needs of each unique operation, large or small.
Failing to plan is, essentially, planning to fail. At Blue Reef Agri-Marketing, our responsibility is to assist you in making better marketing decisions through education, communication, and strategic marketing plans.
- Education: We take time to educate our clients on how the markets work, what makes the markets move – and why do they do so in the way that they do.
- Communication: We use multiple forms of communication including email, text, and phone, to get the appropriate amount of information to you. Whether you are a client we talk to multiple times a day, or one that prefers only to chat ever so often, everything about our service is customizable.
- Know Your Operation: We dig deeper. We know more. We aren’t your average “standard brokerage firm” and we treat all clients individually, with a custom-tailored marketing plan specific to their needs. Your needs are not the same as your neighbors, and certainly not the same as an operation over 500 miles away.
- Develop a Marketing Plan: Utilizing both technical and fundamental analysis tools, we assist you and give recommendations for your specific marketing targets.
- Execution: The best laid out plan is meaningless if not executed upon. We help to remove the noise of the market and keep you disciplined.
Scott began the livestock division of Blue Reef Agri-Marketing in 2013. He became a "Partner Owner" in 2018 and currently manages the Granbury, TX office. Scott comes to Blue Reef with a broad background in both the grain and cattle industries. Previously, Scott worked for Tyson in Carcass Sales, Dakota City, NE. He was with Cargill for four years, helping producers on Cargill's Risk Management Solutions. Scott also managed a grain elevator for Tate and Lyle for three years. Through the Tate and Lyle opportunity, Scott has experience working in all three terminals; truck house, train terminal, and river terminal.
Scott has a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Agriculture Education Leadership from the University of Illinois. He was a member of the Collegiate Livestock Judging Teams at Black Hawk East and U of I. Scott has also coached the Illinois National 4-H Livestock Judging Team. He is passionate about the cattle industry and very much enjoys working with today's premier producers as well as youth 4-H and FFA livestock projects. Scott, his wife, and three kids live in Tolar, TX where they maintain a small cow herd of their own.
Casey comes to Blue Reef following over a decade-long career with Cargill. Casey’s career in the industry started as a cattle buyer in Western Nebraska and Wyoming for six years. Casey then moved to Wichita, KS where he worked in boxed beef pricing with a focus on understanding out front prices and position optimization. Casey then took to cattle procurement as a Strategic Supply Manager where he focused on cattle formula and grid marketing arrangements working with Cargill’s largest suppliers.
Casey’s experience in cash and value based marketing of cattle can be a valuable asset to your operation. He has a Bachelor’s Degree from Texas Tech University where he served on the Meats Judging team, and a Masters from Tarleton State University where he coached the Meats Judging team. Casey resides in Brock, TX with his wife Deidrea and daughters Reyse, Avery, and Brooklyn.
Do you have any questions, concerns, or would like more information about our services? Please feel free to contact by email, or phone.
Blue Reef Agri Marketing Inc. is a CFTC registered Introducing Broker and NFA member. The trading of derivatives such as futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and you should fully understand those risks prior to trading.